Action learning is an intense, problem-solving activity that groups participants into small teams to tackle real problems and take decisive action. They grow as individuals and as a team in the process.
- A real-life problem that is important, critical and complex
- A diverse problem-solving team or “set”
- A process that promotes curiosity, inquiry and reflection
- A commitment to learning
- Participants become more self-aware and reflective and learn how to master their emotions under pressure.
- They learn to see multiple perspectives on issues faced by a wider group.
- They find actions and solutions that address their challenges and learn what works and what doesn’t.
- They learn critical skills that transfer across sectors and roles.